“End is Nigh” Anti-Evangelist
This Bad Executive is a powerful counterpoint to the “We can do this” Blind Optimist.
Here’s the facts. Very few things about the workplace are matters of life and death. So a budget comes in slightly high, so a couple of people lose their jobs, so the bonus doesn’t quite pay the overdraft… It’s not the end of the world.
Except that the “End is Nigh” Anti-Evangelist will tell you that’s exactly what it is.
Often seen with:
- His forehead rammed into his palm as he stares in desperation at the desktop, praying for salvation or some other ray of sunshine that might forestall the inevitable.
- Sighs a lot in meetings.
- Shakes head in negation at random points in meetings (with absolutely no connection to the content under discussion).
- “You just don’t understand…”
Puts faith in:
- Inevitability of death
- Acceptance that performance is worthless
- The fact that at least the cockroach will survive once human-kind has driven itself to destruction